Dec 07, 2023
Graduate Coordinator: Dr. Drew Rosen
The Cameron School of Business offers a program of study leading to a Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (MS SCM) degree for qualified holders of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The program’s overall objectives are to prepare students to develop advanced skills and knowledge in supply chain management and careers in supply chain management. The 30 credit hour MS SCM program provides a menu of classes carefully selected to ensure students develop a complete understanding of the field and professional skill set. The delivery of this program will be online.
Graduates of the program should be able to:
- Apply the methods and skills learned in the program to the latest and evolving trends in the supply chain industry like blockchains.
- Accept and perform confidently in leadership roles in logistics, distribution, and supply networks, and manage channel relationships.
- Manage omni-channel solutions by harnessing the power of data analytics and the generated information.
- Understand and apply the techniques to collect and transform data into appropriate formats for managing and analyzing the supply chains.
- Understand the tools and techniques to manage supply chain management projects in various business environments.
- Present results and recommendations appropriate for the target audience, such as upper management in other business units.
Applicants seeking admission to the graduate program in supply chain management are required to submit the following to the Graduate School:
- An application for graduate admission.
- Applicant’s resume and cover letter.
- An earned undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Completion of one course in statistics with a grade of at least “B.”
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- If the candidate does not meet the minimum GPA requirement, then the GMAT or GRE test score (no older than 5 years) from the Graduate Record Exame (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- For international students, an English proficiency test: either TOEFL or IELTS. The test date must be within two years of the date of application. The TOEFL minimum score is 79, with no subsection under 11. The IELTS minimum score is 6.5.
- Application and supplemental documents must be submitted by the published deadline.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree demonstrating an overall solid undergraduate academic record. Admission decisions are based on several factors, and other indicators of success may be considered for admission.
An “Introduction to Business” course similar to BUS 500 at UNCW is required for students who have not completed undergraduate or graduate coursework in a business discipline.
Degree Requirements (30 total credit hours)
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate coursework is required for the Master of Science in Supply Chain Management.
- Each student must complete the approved course of study within five years of first registration for graduate study.
All MS SCM students will be required to take the following eight courses: