Sep 30, 2023
Professional MBA program coordinator: Dr. Rebecca Guidice
The Cameron School of Business offers four programs (Option 1: Executive MBA program, Option 2: International MBA program, Option 3: Online MBA program, Option 4: Professional MBA program) of study leading to a Master of Business Administration degree for qualified holders of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The overall objective of all programs is the development of the broadly educated professional manager who is prepared to meet the demands and the changing needs in the global environment.
- All programs use integrated learning methodology that parallels business practice for: preparation in the core functions of business including accountancy, economics, finance, marketing, business regulation and legal environment, information systems, and production and operations management.
- Development of certain analytical and quantitative skills applicable to effective business decision-making.
- Formation of thought about current and future challenges facing business leaders with emphasis on communications, teamwork, organizational change, information technology, total quality, the international dimension of business, technological innovation, social responsibility and ethics.
Applicants seeking admission to the Professional MBA program (Option 4) are required to choose one of the following concentrations:
- Business Analytics
- General Business
- Healthcare Management
- International Business
They are also required to submit the following to the Graduate School:
- An application for graduate admission.
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Three online recommendations including one from an employer or supervisor who can comment on the applicant’s work experience and potential for successful completion of a master’s program.
- Applicant’s resume and cover letter. Two years of professional work experience is required.
- GMAT or GRE Score unless the applicant meets any of the following criteria:
a. completion of an advanced degree that includes graduate quantitative coursework
b. five or more years of progressive managerial experience
c. GPA of 3.2 or higher on bachelor’s coursework
- Application and supplemental documents must be submitted by the published deadline.
A strong overall academic average and at least two years of appropriate full-time work experience are minimum requirements for consideration for graduate admission. However, admission decisions are based upon several factors, and if other indicators of success are evident, individuals who fall below the established criteria in one of the areas may be considered for admission.
Forty-two credit hours of approved graduate credit must be satisfactorily completed for the degree. Classes begin in the fall and continue throughout the year (with appropriate breaks) until completion 21 months later.
- Each student must successfully complete a written analysis and oral presentation in MBA 558 - Strategic Management .
- Each student must complete the approved course of study within five years of the date of first registration for graduate study.
Other policies: All other policies adhered to by the Graduate School are withstanding in all MBA programs.
Course Requirements (42 Credit Hours):
All Professional MBA students will be required to take the following courses:
A. Core Requirements (30 credit hours)
The following courses comprise the core of knowledge essential to an understanding of modern business and managerial practice
B. Capstone Project
Students will complete an industry and company analysis in core requirement course -MBA 558 Strategic Management.
C. Applied Learning (6 credit hours)
The courses below comprise the required applied learning component of the program.
D. Specialization Coursework (6 credit hours)
Candidates will strengthen their knowledge and sharpen their skills in particular areas by taking courses in an elective area.