Aug 06, 2020
Graduate Coordinator: Dr. Cem Canel
The Cameron School of Business offers a program of study leading to a Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBAN) degree for qualified holders of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The overall objective of the program is to prepare students for careers in business analytics.
Graduates of the program should be able to:
- Apply the methods and skills covered in courses to solve business analytics problems and to manage analytics projects in various business environments.
- Demonstrate understanding of the techniques to collect and transform data into appropriate formats for analytics and analysis.
- Be proficient in explaining the analysis of data to upper management or analysts in other business units.
Applicants seeking admission to the graduate program in business analytics are required to submit the following to the Graduate School:
- An application for graduate admission.
- Applicant’s resume and cover letter.
- An earned undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Completion of one course in statistics with a grade of at least “B.”
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Two letters of recommendations.
- For international students, a test of English Proficiency: either TOEFL or IELTS. The test date must be within two years of the date of application. The TOEFL minimum score is 79 with no subsection under 11. The IELTS minimum score is 6.5.
- Application and supplemental documents must be submitted by the published deadline.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree demonstrating a strong overall undergraduate academic record. Admission decisions are based on several factors, and other indicators of success may be considered for admission.
Admission is provisional upon successful completion of one course in statistics with a grade of ‘B’ or better from a regionally accredited institution. An “Introduction to Business” course similar to BUS 500 at UNCW is required for students who have not completed undergraduate or graduate coursework in a business discipline.
Degree Requirements (30 total credit hours)
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate coursework is required for the Master of Science in Business Analytics.
- Each student must complete the approved course of study within five years of the date of first registration for graduate study.
All MSBAN students will be required to take the following eight courses: